Open Positions for the 2017-2018 School Year:
How to apply for Teaching Positions
Please send a letter of interest, a brief biography, a resume, and names and contact information for three references to our Faculty Administrator, Frances Lewis at: email@example.com
Extra Lesson Teacher
The Extra Lesson Teacher will partner with our current Student Support Team members to form the Student Support Department. Duties listed below may be assigned based on workload and strengths of individuals in the department. The Extra Lesson Teacher works collaboratively with the faculty, administration and is part of an educational support team, which includes the Care Group. This individual is expected to perform the following functions:
Work with students
- Work in a support role with the class teachers to assess individual students in need of extra learning support.
- Design, implement, and report on educational plans for individual children.
- Provide extra lesson support to individual or group of students.
- Regularly assess and report on individual student support plans.
- Assist in coordinating learning support schedule.
- Refer students when appropriate for outside support such as Occupational Therapy
School wide Duties
Work in partnership on developing appropriate level assessments and school‐wide assessment schedule
- Conduct and write reports for the first grade readiness and second grade assessments
- Work in collaboration with the early childhood program
- Conduct developmental drawing assessments and work with teacher to discern insights for them.
- Conduct assessments for in‐coming students and transfer students.
- Help teachers design and implement morning circle work or other activities to support physical development of the children.
- Provide insight and support to teachers about how they may best work with students in need of extra support.
- In conjunction with Pedagogical Director provide professional development to faculty.
- Help develop handwriting curriculum and students’ proper pencil grip.
- Provide insight and guidance to other teachers about how they might best work with students in need of extra support, as well as more general support in recognizing and understanding issues which may be hindering students.
- Participate in Care Group meetings.
- Participate in faculty meetings, including child studies.
Successful completion of three‐year program with Certificate from the Association for a Healing Education, or equivalent remedial training programWaldorf classroom teaching experience
Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university
Salary and Benefits:
The school offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and disability coverage, a retirement plan, and 100% tuition remission.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please send a letter of interest, a brief biography, a resume, and names and contact information for three references to our search committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply for the Above List TeaWeching/Assistant Position
WSRF is a full-member AWSNA school located in the Rocky Mountains of Western Colorado close to Aspen. We are celebrating our twenty-fifth year with a supportive parent body and a caring faculty. Our teachers enjoy a balanced work load and a recent significant salary increase. Our school is set in a beautiful valley where the community enjoys a multitude of outdoor recreational opportunities year-round.
Our school has two preschools, two kindergartens and grades one through eight with approximately 190 students. We have an on-site mentor to support teachers. Our specialty programs include eurythmy, handwork, movement, music, woodwork and Spanish. We also have a fine student support faculty offering sensory integration support, Anthroposophical art therapy, therapeutic eurythmy, speech and language services and academic tutoring.
Our campus is all straw bale construction and designed based upon Steiner’s architectural indications, providing a beautiful space for our faculty and children to thrive. Our faculty works cooperatively and collaboratively within a greater community that is progressive and has a small town feel while benefiting from the multi-faceted cultural opportunities of Aspen.
WSRF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religious affiliation or sexual orientation.