Accomplished pianist needed to accompany movement classes and choir. Desired experience working with a classical repertoire ranging from children’s songs to Beethoven and strong sight reading skills. Varied schedule, hourly pay at $30/hr. Send statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Waldorf School on the Roaring Fork is seeking a full-time Faculty Administrator to fill the position held by our long-standing colleague, who is leaving to join the faculty at Anitoch University. The position remains open until filled.
The Faculty Administrator serves as part of the Administrative Council, the three-person leadership team that serves as the Head of School. The Administrative Council is responsible for oversight and support for daily operations, including school programs, personnel, facilities, and resources, while effectively advancing strategic goals for school improvement and development.
The Faculty Administrator oversees and coordinates all activities related to the pedagogical mission of the school. The focus is support of the Faculty and programs ensuring that the pedagogical principles of Waldorf education are being faithfully upheld and that the mission of the school is being fulfilled.
- Training and experience as a Waldorf Teacher
- A commitment to working out of Anthroposophy
- Ability to give direction and foster collaboration in the Pedagogical Council and Faculty
- Mature communication skills with a willingness to facilitate and encourage direct communication practices with colleagues and parents
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work in consensus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Competency in forming agendas, keeping track of decisions and upholding process in regards to policies and procedures
- Takes initiative to serve
- Ability to think ahead, self-manage, and be flexible
- Ability to think systematically
- Ability to ask questions for clarity
Desired Qualifications & Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in consensus
- Experience working with Restorative Justice practices
- Good sense of humor
- Composed under pressure and can work creatively in potentially challenging situations
- Experienced with hiring, evaluating and mentoring employees
- Skilled at working with many constituents and building consensus
- Embodies the above and has extensive administrative or pedagogical experience in a Waldorf setting
- Able and inspired to bring anthroposophical study to faculty and the wider community
- Has a good sense of numbers and budgets to support realistic plans for schedules and hiring
- Knowledge of Colorado rules and regulations, including early childhood centers
- Ability to balance empathy for situations with a plan of action and what needs to transpire next in terms of a tangible and accessible direction
- Skilled at uncovering the truth and striving in each and every person they encounter, taking the time to foster those gifts in people and lead them to a clear path of purpose and direction
Salary and Benefits:
The school offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and disability coverage, a retirement plan, and 100% tuition remission.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please send a letter of interest, a brief biography, a resume, and names and contact information for three references to our search committee at: email@example.com
Middle School Math Teacher
Four classes total per week with 7th and 8th grades. $47/hour.
How to Apply for the Above List TeaWeching/Assistant Positions
How to apply for the Teaching Position
Please send a letter of interest, a brief biography, a resume, and names and contact information for three references to our Faculty Administrator, Frances Lewis at: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Our School
WSRF is a full-member AWSNA school located in the Rocky Mountains of Western Colorado close to Aspen. We are celebrating our twenty-fifth year with a supportive parent body and a caring faculty. Our teachers enjoy a balanced work load and a recent significant salary increase. Our school is set in a beautiful valley where the community enjoys a multitude of outdoor recreational opportunities year-round.
Our school has two preschools, two kindergartens and grades one through eight with approximately 190 students. We have an on-site mentor to support teachers. Our specialty programs include eurythmy, handwork, movement, music, woodwork and Spanish. We also have a fine student support faculty offering sensory integration support, Anthroposophical art therapy, therapeutic eurythmy, speech and language services and academic tutoring.
Our campus is all straw bale construction and designed based upon Steiner’s architectural indications, providing a beautiful space for our faculty and children to thrive. Our faculty works cooperatively and collaboratively within a greater community that is progressive and has a small town feel while benefiting from the multi-faceted cultural opportunities of Aspen.
WSRF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religious affiliation or sexual orientation.
About the Roaring Fork Valley (Aspen,Basalt, Carbondale, Glenwood Springs and Snowmass Village):
- World-class recreation and cultural activities
- Four beautiful seasons with lots of sunshine
- Surrounded by White River National Forest and BLM
About our school:
- 13 acre eco-campus with wetlands and river access
- Nationally recognized, anthroposophically-inspired strawbale buildings
- Incredible performance facility
- Strong community with active parent body
- Commitment to independent rather than private schooling
About our faculty:
- Cohesive and supportive
- Gifted men and women that includes both very experienced and young faculty members
- Trained subject teachers – eurythmy, Spanish, handwork, movement, practical arts
- On-going mentoring and support for professional development
- Committed to pedagogical and anthroposophical studies
- Hard-working and growing