Opportunities for the 2014/15 School Year
Open now – 4th grade teacher for a thriving class!
Our current fourth grade teacher is in need of making a transition in her life and we are seeking a fourth grade teacher for a thriving class to begin during the current school year, or a fifth grade teacher for the fall of 2015.
Qualifications, Salary and Benefits: Ideal candidates are Waldorf-trained teachers with a Bachelor’s degree, at least two years of teaching experience and a commitment to working out of Anthroposophy. Applicants must be dedicated to excellence in teaching and recognize the importance of parent education, self-development and collegial cooperation. Full-time faculty are currently offered medical and disability coverage, a retirement plan, and tuition remission. We also have an on-site mentor.
We offer a strong benefits package, and tuition remission. Our base salary is competitive with other Waldorf schools. WSRF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religious affiliation or sexual orientation.
Please send a letter of interest, a brief biography, a resume, and names and contact information for three references to our Faculty Administrator, Carla Beebe Comey at: email@example.com
WSRF is located in the Rocky Mountains of Western Colorado close to Aspen. We are celebrating our 22nd anniversary this year with a supportive parent body and a caring faculty. Our school is set in a beautiful valley where the community enjoys a multitude of outdoor recreational opportunities year-round. Our school has one preschool, two kindergartens and grades one through eight with approximately 165 students. Our campus is all straw bale construction and designed based on Steiner’s architectural indications, providing a beautiful space for our faculty and children to thrive. Our faculty works cooperatively and collaboratively within a greater community that is progressive and has a small town feel while benefiting from the multi-faceted cultural opportunities of Aspen.
About the Roaring Fork Valley (Aspen,Basalt, Carbondale, Glenwood Springs and Snowmass Village):
- World-class recreation and cultural activities
- Four beautiful seasons with lots of sunshine
- Surrounded by White River National Forest and BLM
About our school:
- 13 acre eco-campus with wetlands and river access
- Nationally recognized, anthroposophically-inspired strawbale buildings
- Incredible performance facility
- Strong community with active parent body
- Commitment to independent rather than private schooling
About our faculty:
- Cohesive and supportive
- Gifted men and women that includes both very experienced and young faculty members
- Trained subject teachers – eurythmy, Spanish, handwork, movement, practical arts
- On-going mentoring and support for professional development
- Committed to pedagogical and anthroposophical studies
- Hard-working and growing