Have Questions about how to apply for Financial Aid?
Click here to download our welcome letter and frequently asked questions pdf.
Tuition & Fees
WSRF Tuition Adjustment Policy and Procedures
Waldorf School on the Roaring Fork is pleased to assist qualifying families with tuition through the Tuition Adjustment Program.
All applications are processed through a third party, TADS. Tuition Adjustment requests are reviewed and awards are made by members of the Tuition Adjustment Committee at WSRF, which is created and maintained by the Board Treasurer and the Business Administrator. Members of the Tuition Adjustment Committee are to remain anonymous, and any and all information pertaining to families applying for tuition adjustment will remain confidential. Returning families who have received assistance in past years need to reapply each year. Changes in income, family size, etc. may result in increased or decreased awards.
Returning families need to apply for tuition adjustment no later than April 15, 2017. WSRF offers rolling admissions for new families, who can apply for Tuition Adjustment at the time of enrollment. All tuition adjustment applicants are required to submit a complete copy of the family’s most recent tax return and any additional requested documentation to TADS.
To begin the tuition adjustment process, click here.
Tuition and Tuition Adjustment Philosophy
The Waldorf School on the Roaring Fork values and actively seeks a student body that reflects the diversity of the area. Our program of tuition adjustment supports this diversity by making the School more accessible to families of varying economic backgrounds. The School also recognizes that the primary responsibility for financing a student’s independent school education rests with his or her family. Tuition adjustment is granted on the basis of need, which is determined by comparing the income and resources of applicants against their assets and liabilities. It is expected that parents applying for tuition adjustment will first assess their financial status and turn to other sources before asking Waldorf School on the Roaring Fork for assistance, which could include other family members interested in the education of the child, such as grandparents, friends and other extended family.
While our aim is to assure the possibility of Waldorf education to all students interested in attending, our ability to do so is limited. Adjustment comes in the form of tuition reduction and is supported by fundraising and support gifts to the school. The school expects that every family is fully committed to bringing a Waldorf education to their children, and will therefore treat tuition as a priority when making financial choices and decisions in their lives. We expect all parents to contribute toward tuition, including seeking additional employment in order to help defray school costs.
Tuition Adjustment Process
Tuition Adjustment is considered on a case-by-case basis. The WSRF review process may include in-person meetings with applicants and the Tuition Adjustment Committee in order to understand and consider each family’s circumstance. WSRF expects each family to strive to pay full tuition. The objective of the Tuition Adjustment process is determining a tuition level that balances the needs of the family and the needs of the school.
- Information related to tuition adjustment is kept in strict confidence
- Students receiving adjustment are not held to different academic or behavioral standards.
- Families who enroll and later experience a change in their financial situation can apply for Tuition Adjustment at any point in the current year.
- If the amount of tuition adjustment awarded is insufficient to meet a family’s anticipated need, an appeal may be submitted or the student enrollment agreement may be withdrawn.
- WSRF does not offer tuition adjustment for any fees (including aftercare).
- New families are eligible to apply upon application to the School. Mid-year applications will be considered.
- For current families, applications must be received on or before April 15th. Late applications will be reviewed when the process of working with timely applications has been completed.
- It is not possible for the Tuition Adjustment Committee to become involved in any financial arrangements between parents. Therefore, for separated or divorced parents who share financial responsibility, receipt of signed Tuition Agreements from both parents will be required in order for children to be enrolled and allowed to attend school.
- Requests for tuition adjustment are reviewed only after the enrollment agreement and enrollment or application fee have been received. Application fees and enrollment fees are non-refundable.
- Families requesting adjustment are not required to make a binding commitment to the School until a decision has been reached regarding their tuition adjustment application.